The Better Transit Alliance is a grassroots group of residents advocating for better public transit in Greater Victoria. We see improving public transit as an important way to advance social and climate justice, as well as making our region a healthier and more pleasant place.
The Better Transit Alliance:
- Advocates for better transit with all levels of government, and works with allied groups to make transit funding a higher priority at the federal and provincial levels.
- Supports better and more affordable highway bus and passenger rail links to allow Greater Victoria residents to travel outside the region without the need to drive.
- Supports better transit in whatever form it takes, and focuses on the big picture rather than specific technology choices.
Become a member by joining our email list
Get in touch by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also “like” our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter.
Here’s our vision and mission statements:
Public transit users in Greater Victoria (Capital Regional District) are served by a convenient, reliable, and affordable transit system. Transit is an enjoyable, accessible, efficient and comfortable means of transportation.
To advocate for better public transit in Greater Victoria (Capital Regional District) as a means to greater social and climate justice. In particular, the Better Transit Alliance aims to:
- Challenge all levels of government to make better public transit a higher priority.
- Use collaboration and engagement to amplify the voice of transit users, including those with disabilities and those living in poverty.
- Advocate on behalf of transit-users wherever important decisions affecting transit are made.